Provo City School District’s Child Nutrition Program is committed to providing our students and school communities with nutritious and great-tasting meals. To that end, the Child Nutrition Program...
Riding the Wind: Story Plays from Old China by Carol Korty
A storytelling ENSEMBLE of about 25-30 students. Grades 2nd-6th may audition.
- Please note this ensemble WILL be smaller than our Fall show.
- Not all students who audition will be cast.
- Priority in casting will be given to students in older grades (4-6th ), but all grades 2nd – 6th are welcome to audition.
A TECH CREW of about 10 students. Grades 4th -6th Only.
A Stage Manager. 5th or 6th grade Only. This should be a very responsible student who is available to attend all rehearsals and be the director’s right-hand person.
- Stage Crew/Stage Manager Interviews – Monday, March 2 nd 3:30 – 4:45pm
- 2nd , 3rd , 4th grade auditions – Tuesday, March 3 rd 3:30 – 5pm
- 5th , 6th grade auditions – Thursday March 5 th 3:30 – 5pm
- Callbacks: Friday March 6th. 1:40 – 3pm.
Call backs will only be held if Necessary. You will be notified individually if I need to see your child again for certain parts. Please note: Just because a child is NOT called back does NOT mean they won’t be cast. Please always check the Final Cast List.
Auditions will be held in the Drama Room. (Wasatch Too Room 111). Participants will stay the whole time.
- Come prepared with about ONE MINUTE of a song to SING ACAPELLA. (Any song will do, we just want to hear your voice!)
- You will be asked to READ SIDES in a group setting.
- If you would like to be considered for a DANCE FEATURE, please bring a short 1 minute dance routine to share.
For Stage Crew:
- No need to bring anything. Just be prepared to work as a team and answer a few questions about why you want to be part of the show!
- Please note, Not all students who audition will be cast.
- If your child is cast in the show, we have to ask for a small participation fee of $15 to help pay for production costs. If this is a problem, please contact Amelia Dunlap at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jess Hansen at email@example.com for a financial hardship waiver. CASH or CHECK ONLY. All participation fees will be DUE: Thursday, March 26. Please note that failure to pay the participation fee by the deadline may result in your child’s dismissal from the show.
Show Info: (please read carefully)
- Thursday, May 7 – 9:15am—1st Assembly Performance for school.
- Thursday, May 7 – 10:15am—2nd Assembly Performance for school.
- Thursday, May 7 – 7pm—Final Performance. House will open at 6:30pm
- Thursday, May 7 – 5:30pm—All Cast and Crew Call.
(All cast & crew will be called to these rehearsals. No conflicts will be permitted on these days. Tech rehearsals will be held on the Stage.) Rehearsal TIMES are TBA.
- Tuesday, April 28—Set Tech 1st half – Deadline: All sets and props must be complete.
- Wednesday, April 29—Set Tech 2nd half
- Thursday, April 30—Add costumes and mics 1st half
- Friday, April 31—Add costumes and mics 2nd half
- Tuesday, May 5—Final Dress Rehearsal
- Most rehearsals will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays right after school from 3:30-4:45.
- We will always start in the Drama Room. (WAS Too 111)
- ALL cast members should plan to attend ALL rehearsals. There will be downtime. Have children bring snacks for right after school and something to do when not actively working.
- Stage Crew will meet Mondays from 3:45-5:15pm in the Drama Room.
- If your child is cast in the show you will be sent a Google Calendar link to keep up with the rehearsal schedule. Please note your child’s schedule conflicts on the audition form.
Please note that students who are cast in the show will be asked to help provide costumes for their parts in the show. Thanks so much for your help and support in this matter!
If this is a problem, contact Amelia Dunlap at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE the costume approval and submission deadline. The student can still participate; we’ll just need to work out alternative costuming solutions for them.
Actors and Crew will not be allowed to miss more than 3 Rehearsals/Stage Crew meetings and parents must inform the director if their student is going to miss. After the 3 allotted absences, another absence will result in the student being dismissed from the show. No conflicts for TECH WEEK rehearsals will be permitted.
For this show we will have a 3 Strike policy. This means that if a student is misbehaving, they will receive a Strike. If they receive 3 Strikes in one rehearsal they will receive one X on their show record, and I will contact the parent regarding their behavior for that day. If the student receives 3 X’s during the course of the show the student will be dismissed from the show. The ability to work well with others, self-regulate and work independently is such an important part of Theatre and I appreciate your support in this matter.
Parent Talent Needed!
Throughout the rehearsal process we’ll need parent help on various things like building sets, props, organizing costumes, etc. If you’re willing and available to help, WE NEED YOU! Please indicate on the audition form where you can help!
Any questions? Contact the Director, Ms. Amelia Dunlap at email@example.com or 801-867-3240
Please bring this form with you to your scheduled audition time—02202020-audition form.pdf