We would like to thank Sam's Club for awarding our PAWS organization a grant for Wasatch Elementary. PAWS applied for and was granted $500 towards supplies for our upcoming Fall Festival. The...
The Utah Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands along with several partnerships holds an Annual Arbor Day Poster Contest for elementary aged children. The 2019 Utah Arbor Day Poster Contest Theme is Trees are Terrific for All Living Things!
Utah Arbor Day Poster Contest Rules (Guidelines are very specific, so be sure to read the rules before you submit your entry)
- Eligibility: All Utah students in grades K-6 and Special Education are eligible to enter their schools’ poster contest.
- Originality: Posters must be original. Copyrighted cartoon characters, TV figures and photographs are not acceptable.
- Medium: Posters may be drawn in marker, crayon, colored pencil, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic or tempera paint. Bright colors that reproduce well are best. o glitter glued objects, tissue paper or any other type of add-ons.
- Presentation: Posters may be on poster paper or drawing paper. The posters will not be accepted for judging if they are matted, framed or laminated. Posters must be flat and it is preferred that the posters not be folded or rolled.
- Size: Posters cannot be smaller than 8.5″ x 11″ and cannot be larger tha 14″ x 18″. Oversized or undersized posters will not be accepted.
- Theme: Include the theme, “Trees are Terrific for All Living Things!” in the poster design. The theme must be free drawn and spelled correctly. Stencils, computer-generated text, clipart and press-on letters are not acceptable.
- Signatures: Posters must be signed by the student in the lower right-hand corner on the front of the poster with the Student’s first and last name.
Please write the following on the back of your poster:
- Teacher’s Name
Turn your poster into the office.
POSTER ENTRY DEADLINE MARCH 4th MONDAY Students may turn their entries into the office or to Mrs. Lee.
Please contact Mrs Lee if you have any questions or need advice.