Enjoy the Summer! Free or low cost summer activities for students to pass the summer along! All the way from American Fork to Payson, activities for the whole family. Provo Summer Activity List...
- Talk with your child about feelings and fears, which helps reduce them.
- Emphasize the positive aspects of going to school; being with friends, learning a favorite subject, recess
- Arrange an informal meeting with your child’s teacher, away from the classroom.
- Allow your child to have their own alarm clock. Our school can help your family purchase an alarm clock if necessary.
- Develop a regular daily routine for getting ready for bed at night and for school in the morning.
- Have your child shower the night before school, pick out their clothes, and get their backpack and lunch ready to go before going to bed.
- Make sure your child is getting a good night’s rest. An earlier bedtime may help. No electronics late into the night!
- Count down the time before leaving. “We have ten more minutes before we need to leave.”
- Go over self-help techniques with your child, such as deep breathing or self talk, to learn to calm themselves down.
- Be firm with your limits. Allowing a child to stay home will often increase their resistance to attending school.
- Meet with the school social worker for extra guidance and support. (Aleksi Poirier, firstname.lastname@example.org)
A reminder of the District Policy, “All students are expected to be in class and on time every school day, in every class.”
- Notification of Attendance Letter: 5 unexcused absences
- 1st Citation Letter: 8 unexcused absences
- 2nd Citation Letter: 10 unexcused absences
- 3 tardies equal 1 absence