Right before Christmas, we held a Storytelling Festival for Drama on Flipgrid where our Wasatch Students practiced their storytelling skills! We had over 90 students participate in a variety of ways....
Sora is the new user-friendly app that empowers students to discover and enjoy ebooks and audiobooks from their school, for both leisure and class-assigned reading. This resource now has a dual language immersion collection! Students can now listen/read books in Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, and Russian.
You can view a short one-minute overview video here. Sora Introductory Video.
To get access to the dual-language library, use the following instructions:
Download the Sora app.
- Download the Sora app through the Google Play or Apple App stores and use setup code provocityut. If using a computer, visit https://soraapp.com/library/provocityut in your browser.
- Create an account. All students will log in to Sora the same way they do to access their district resources; using their school username and password. If you experience login issues, please use Marketplace > Support to contact the Sora Authentication Support team.
- Follow the Sora step-by-step instructions. Sora step-by-step DLI app instructions.
Teachers, there are resources for you if your students have questions. Start with the Resource Center How-To Videos to become a Sora expert educator. You can make Sora do even more when you add ebooks and audiobooks from your local public library!
Sora Marketplace– Marketplace is where you’ll administer Sora, so check your inbox (spam folder, too!) for your welcome email. Click the link in the email to set a password as soon as possible-your Marketplace username is your email address. Reset your password, if needed.
With Sora Starter you’ll be able to:
- Assign Sora Starter title to students
- Curate collections of books
- Access activity reports
- Create/view carts
- View news alerts
- Contact OverDrive support
For questions, contact Christine Durst at ChristiD@provo.edu.