Last modified: August 22, 2023
S.T.A.R. Students Thrilled About Reading Reading Challenge
This is a reading incentive program that is available to any child at Wasatch that is able to read chapter books independently. There are six different levels of achievement based loosely on grade and reading ability.
- Level 1-1st grade readers (reading short chapter books over 60 pages)
- Level 2-2nd grade readers (specific genres, chapter books over 75 pages)
- Level 3-3rd grade readers (specific genres, chapter books over 75 pages)
- Level 4-4th grade readers (specific genres, award winning books, chapter books over 100 pages)
- Level 5-5th grade readers (specific genres, award winning books, chapter books over 125 pages)
- Level 6-6th grade readers (specific genres, award winning books, chapter books over 150-200 pages)
- CHAPTER BOOKS CANNOT BE GRAPHIC NOVELS.
- All books must be read during the current school year.
- Books must be read independently by the student.
- After completing 5 books, you may choose a small prize from the library.
- Total pages read must be met.
- Form must be signed by a parent/guardian and student.
- Books may be read in any order.
- You may not repeat books read on previous STAR Reader challenges.
You may pick up a S.T.A.R reading challenge form in the Wasatch library or download one in PDF form by clicking the level link at the bottom of this page. You may complete as many challenges this year as you desire.
Rewards: Acknowledged during morning announcements, name on display in library, free book, certificate of achievement at annual end-of-year awards ceremony.
STAR Reader WorkSheet
- Jr STAR Reader
- Level 1 (1st grade)
- Level 2 (2nd grade)
- Level 3 (3rd grade)
- Level 4 (4th grade)
- Level 5 (5th grade)
- Level 6 (6th grade)